Monday, December 12, 2011

Yummy Treats 12-12-11 no-bake dessert.

Hey Scrappers, today is monday, boo! lol but it's one day closer to Christmas! yey! So I decided since I've skipped a few Yummy Treat posts, today would be a good day to share some goodies :)
Today I have two tested yummy treats, that I made for Thanksgiving, they were both a big hit!
First, Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert Recipe! Yum! I found this recipe via Taste Of Home
Photo by Taste of Home
-------------------------------------------------------
Ingredients:
20 chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
15 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
1 cup cold milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix

Directions:

-Crush 16 cookies; toss with the butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square dish; set aside.
-In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups.
-In another large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and remaining confectioners' sugar on low speed for 2 minutes Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
-Spread over peanut butter cups. Crush remaining cookies; sprinkle over the top. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds good, Right?!! it is! I also read in the reviews, to try it frozen. I had enough left (because I made two) I froze it, and it was super good frozen!

Next Yummy Treat is Cinnamon Honey Butter! This is so simple, and fancy! I found this reciper via Fly Through Our Window. I also made a double batch of this, because why not LOL. Half is also frozen so I will be taking that with me to the in-laws house for Christmas!
Photo by Darby's Pictures via Fly Through our Window
-------------------------------------------
Ingredients:

2 sticks of butter at room temp

1 cup of powdered sugar
1 cup of honey

2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon

Directions:

With a Mixer whip the butter (make sure it’s soft and room temp) add to it, the powdered sugar, then the honey, then the cinnamon. Whip it good. Scrape the sides. Whip it again.
------------------------------------------
My Butter wasn't as warm as room temp, but it was soft, I just couldn't wait anymore lol. so my butter wasn't as fluffy and it should have been, but it was still yummy, and I'm not sure but it may have gave the butter more of a honey taste than what the texas road house has. both are equally good!

I hope you enjoy these yummy treats, I know I did! Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment