Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yummy! Cookie Dough Truffles

it's wednesday, and if your week is dragging I've got the recipe to pick you right up! plus it so easy! I discovered this Yummy Treat on Pinterest early this month and I have already made these a few times, my hubby LOVES them! so whats the treat? Cookie Dough Truffles!!! I got the recipe from Love & Olive Oil but I left out a step or two so I could eat it sooner lol. so here's the original recipe...

Photo from Love & Olive Oil
--------------------------------------------------
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
Yield: 3-4 dozen Prep Time: 1 hour Total Time: 2 1/2 hours
Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup milk or soy milk
  • 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 14 oz dark chocolate candy coating
Directions:
Beat butter and sugars and in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add soymilk and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed (or by hand) until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
When dough is firm enough to handle (it may help to lightly flour your hands), form dough into 1" balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Place sheets in freezer and let chill for 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate candy coating in a double boiler or in microwave according to package directions. Using forks or a dipping tool, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Tap fork on side of pan to remove any excess coating, and return to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until set. Store, chilled, in an airtight container for up to 1 week (though good luck making them last that long).
----------------------------------------------
and here's what I changed/ left out...so I mixed it up like it says but I used just 2% milk. then I may have taken a few spoonfuls out to eat, then I chilled it. once it was chilled I rolled the balls and then rather than going through melting the chocolate, I just crushed up the leftover chips and rolled the balls in the chocolate crumb and popped them in to a container and stuck them back in the fridge to sneak a treat every few mins lol. I’m telling you these are so good!, now on my second batch I didn't do any outer coating and just froze them in a jar. BUT if I were making these to take to any occasion I would coat them in the melted chocolate and make them look cute. so there you have it, I hope you enjoyd reading, and I inspired you to get in you kitchen this week and make something to treat your self!
This is what mine looked like.
Tomorrow is the 1st make sure you check out GingerScraps September Buffet, and the $1 Bake Sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment