Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yummy Treat! Cream Cheese Croissants

YUM, that just sums it up! I made these twice now, and the kids and I ate them before I could take a snap shot! well mine didn't come out looking as pretty so maybe that's why, lol. alrighty here's the recipe, this came from the Rumbly In My Tumbly Blog.
Photo from Rumbly In My Tumbly
-------------------------------------------------
Strawberry Cream Cheese Croissants
Ingredients:

1 package of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1/4 cup of homemade strawberry jam
4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup of confectioners sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg + 1 tsp of water for egg wash

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Cream until there are no lumps.
Unroll each crescent roll. On the fattest part of the triangle place 1 tsp on cream cheese mixture and one tsp of jam. Roll into a croissant shape.
Whisk together egg and water for egg wash and brush over each croissant.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until croissants are golden brown and inside is no longer doughy. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
---------------------------------------------------

Now here is what I Changed.... The first time I made this recipe just like it lists here, but doubled it since it looked soo good. I ended up with wayyy tooo much filling mix, and it was pretty runny, not sure if it was because I doubled it or not, either way it still tasted super good! the Next time I made it I doubled it again, well because cream cheese blocks come in 8 oz. and well it was good. so this time I left OUT the egg and just mixed up the cream cheese and sugar with the vanilla, and this gave me a super thick filling, and also too much for two packs of crescent rolls so I'd say grab 3. then just fill it like it says add the jelly, I also didnt do the egg wash, and bake it up. these are super good and if you had friends over to share these with they would think you were a master baker, really these are that good!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment